Eleventh Hour
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loot Rules

+2
Umbrage
Oflondon
6 posters

Go down

Loot Rules Empty Loot Rules

Post  Oflondon Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:01 am

Eleventh Hour Raid Loot Distribution Policy

The thought behind raid loot distribution at Eleventh Hour is quite simple: We want the loot to go to whichever person in whose hands it will contribute to THE SUCCESS OF THE RAID TEAM the most in the long run.

As with any progression guild, there comes a time to both review and formally codify loot rules. Below you will find the new and improved loot rules based primarily upon our former system, and enhanced to address potential loot concerns. We engage in many of these procedures informally already. Once we are past the implementation period, these loot rules will apply to both raid teams. There is no loot preference per team (i.e. if a taco raider plays with team bourbon they are considered a member of team bourbon at that time and are on equal footing with the rest of team bourbon.)

Toon policy for raiding:

Each player will have one main toon for each raid team. This character may or may not be the same across raid teams. Players are expected to raid with their main toon at all times, with the following two exceptions:
• The raid/guild leader requests an alt be brought for the night or for a particular fight because of raid composition needs. Alts will be requested when 1. a particular class role is needed (and cannot be filled for that night/fight with current main toons), and 2. bringing the alt will significantly increase the chances that the raid team can down that particular boss. It may be established that some toons be permanently “requested” until other options are available.
• The raid/guild leader determines that some or all bosses are on farm (given the raid team composition) and provides the opportunity for players to request to bring an alt. It is at the sole discretion of the raid leader whether these requests are honored.

Multiple loot in a single night:

To more evenly distribute the loot, we are limiting raiders from receiving more than one piece of main spec loot per raid night. An exception to this rule would be where the loot can only be used by a single raider.

Loot Priorities Levels are as below:

Level One: Main Toon, main spec
Level Two: Main toon, off spec (requested) / Alt Toon, main spec (requested)
Level Three: Main toon, off spec (not requested) / Alt Toon, main spec (not requested)
Level Four: Alt Toon, off spec
Level Five: Disenchant

You must be currently using the spec for which the loot was intended (e.g. if you are tanking you cannot be part of the original roll on DPS gear). The only time that this rule may be bypassed is when a raider is specifically asked by the raid leader(s) to switch specs to benefit the raid (e.g. switches from DPS to tank) and establishes beforehand that they would like to roll as their normal spec (DPS in this example).

When a loot roll comes up, the loot master will link the loot in raid chat and ask all players interested in the item to link their currently equipped item (not a lower level item in your bag) in raid chat. Following the loot priority levels, the player for which the loot is the biggest upgrade gets the item. If at a particular level there are multiple players for which the item is the biggest upgrade, then a loot council consisting of one healer, one dps, and one tank will vote on who receives the loot. In Team Tacos, all group members, rather than a loot council, will determine who should receive the loot. See below for details on the loot council. The loot master will call out a "last call" for linked items. If you missed linking your loot before the last call and/or did not indicate to the loot master that you were interested in the loot, you lose the chance at receiving the item...end of story. Once loot has been distributed by the loot master, the loot is gone...there are no appeals and there should be no drama. Also, it is the expectation of the raid leaders that the loot in question will be equipped before the end of the run.

One of the new concepts in this loot system is that of uptime. It is the opinion of the leadership that the prospective uptime of a piece of gear (i.e. how much that piece of loot is actually used against raid bosses) is an important consideration as to how it is to be awarded. An example of this uptime would be where a raider switches between tank and dps roles depending on the fight. If this raider uses each role evenly (i.e. half the time dps and half the time tank) then this raiders “uptime” on any piece of raid gear would be 50%. If a piece of melee dps gear drops that both this raider and a 100% melee dps raider can use, the full time melee dps raider should get the gear as he/she will use it more often. While the level system above is not perfect, it should, more often than not, give the item to the player who will give the gear the most uptime.

BOE items will be treated as normal epic loot until it is determined that no main spec toon needs to equip it. Next, alts meeting the level requirement for the item will qualify. If no player in the raid wants the item, it can either be:
1. Held for a player in the raid for when that piece of gear will be appropriate (for example an offhand item when a healer currently has a staff equipped and will need a dagger to use the offhand), or
2. Will be given to an officer to hold and the piece advertised on the guild MOTD that any raiding toon that can use it must contact the officer. The officer will ensure that it is going to a raiding toon and that the loot is equipped right away. After 2 days...
3. The Guild Banker will sell it on the AH for guild profit and put the gold in the guild bank.

Procedure:
1. Master Looter links loot in Raid Chat and calls for linked items
2. All interested parties link their currently equipped item (not a lower level item in your bag) in raid chat. Anyone who links an item that is not the item being replaced in order to affect the loot distribution outcome may be subject to immediate expulsion from all raid teams.
3. If more than one party is interested, Master Looter looks first to level preference, and then to current gear ilevel to determine who receives the loot
4. If multiple parties are eligible for the same piece of loot, the decision moves to the loot council.
5. Loot is distributed to the winner. There are no appeals, no do-overs, etc... At this point the loot officially belongs to the winner. Any deals that happen between the winner and anyone else that rolled on the loot are officially not the concern of the leadership, but are discouraged.

Exception:

All tier token decisions will go directly to the loot council for Team Bourbon and directly to a full team discussion for Team Tacos. They will decide who the token goes to using the above rules as a guideline, and also considering the following factors:
• who will receive a 4 piece bonus because of the token
• for whom the 4 piece bonus is most beneficial

Loot Council:

The use of a loot council has become increasingly common in cata guild raid groups. We hope the loot council will serve to make loot decisions more transparent and collective. The council will be comprised of three rotating raid members, one tank, one dps, and one healer. At the beginning of each raid, the council will be formed based on a rotation determined by the raid/guild leader. All loot council discussions will be conducted in the raid channel in mumble in order to ensure greater transparency. The council should use the following guidelines to determine who should be awarded a piece of loot:
• If the item is something that multiple classes/roles can use, if it is better suited for one class over another. This may or may not include discussions of best-in-slot.
• If a player has been over or under-awarded loot recently.
• If a player has been especially instrumental in recent guild raids, dungeons, mat contributions, etc.
Only the loot council should be talking in mumble – players who are eligible for the loot can present their case or respond to questions if requested by the council, but should not be leading the discussion. The loot council can decide to award the loot to a particular person, or choose to have two or more eligible players roll for the loot. If a member of the loot council is eligible for a piece of loot, a replacement from that person's class role will be selected to serve in the council for that decision.

Forming the Raid:

Two new things will happen once the raid is formed for the evening. First, the raid/guild leader will determine which, if any bosses are on farm given that group's composition. If bosses are considered to be on farm, players will be able to request to bring an alt for particular fights or for the night. It is at the sole discretion of the guild/raid leader whether these requests are honored. Second, the raid/guild leader will determine the composition of the loot council.

Examples:

Big Bad Boss X is now dead (and there was much rejoicing). Upon checking the corpse (ewww...its...sticky) it was determined that the Facemelter Ascot of Awesomesauce (a caster neck with item level 359 and stats beneficial to both DPS and Healers) and a Burning Ring of Epicosity (an agility ring with item level 359 and stats beneficial to hunters and shaman) were among the dead thing's possessions.

Facemelter Ascot of Awesomesauce

The Master looter links the caster neck in raid chat and calls for any interested raiders to link their loot and the raiders below can use the loot:
• DPS Caster (main toon): currently equipped item is ilevel 346
• Alt main spec Healer, not specifically requested: currently equipped item is ilevel 333
• Tank with a healing off spec (main toon): currently equipped item is ilevel 333

Of the above raiders, only the DPS caster is Level 1 eligible…
...In this instance, the DPS caster would get the gear. While it is understood that the item is the largest upgrade for the healer, it is an alt toon that is not engaged on every boss so the upgrade benefits the raid the most on the caster due to uptime.

If the DPS caster decides to pass after linking, the Master Looter would then call for any Level 2 eligible raiders. In this instance, the loot would be awarded to the Healer. If on the odd chance that both the DPS and Healer pass, the loot would go to the Tank. Else it would be disenchanted.

Burning Ring of Epicosity

The Master looter links the DPS agility ring in raid chat and calls for any interested raiders to link their loot and the raiders below can use the loot:
• DPS Shaman #1 (main toon, main spec): currently equipped item is ilevel 346
• DPS Hunter #1 (alt toon, not requested): ilevel 333
• Healer Shaman #2 (main toon) with a DPS main spec and specifically requested to come to raid as healer, but arranged before fight to roll on DPS gear: currently equipped item is ilevel 333
• DPS Hunter #2 (alt toon, main spec requested): ilevel 333

Of the above raiders, DPS Shaman #1, Healer Shaman #2 are Level 1 eligible…
...In this instance, the healer shaman would get the gear as he/she is on a single main toon and although he/she killed the boss as a healer, they did so at the request of the raid leaders and so they are allowed to roll as main spec DPS on the gear even though using the off spec. If the Shaman had not arranged to roll on their DPS main spec before the fight, the DPS Shaman would receive the loot.

Although Hunter #2 was also specifically asked to bring that toon, they are not allowed to roll in this round as this toon is an alt. The point here is that the benefit and uptime is likely to be higher with Shaman #2 . Shaman #2 is allowed to roll main spec because we want to introuce some leeway for those players who switch specs mid raid. You may notice, then, that a player who plays two different roles within the same character has preference over a player who chooses to level two characters in order to be versatile. There are several reasons why we have chosen to do this, of which we will mention two. First, this increases the efficiency of our raids. There is less downtime needed to switch specs mid-raid than to switch toons. Second, the leadership feels that it is more fair to bring in another player to the raid who has a main spec toon of the needed role rather than continue to allow the same players to gear up multiple characters. We understand this is a contentious issue, but feel that this decision is best for the guild as a whole.

Final Note:
During the implementation stage, the leadership may make adjustments where necessary.

Last edited by Elflynn on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:50 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Changes after discussion with Team Tacos)
Oflondon
Oflondon

http://www.gryphondaleconsulting.com

Back to top Go down

Loot Rules Empty Re: Loot Rules

Post  Umbrage Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:56 pm

Im going to bring up some questions I have, right off the bat. Not trying to stir things up too hardcore, just wanted some insight as to why some of these decisions were deemed necessary.

it is the expectation of the raid leaders that the loot in question will be equipped before the end of the run. - Why? first off, a piece that benefits greatly from item improvement (gems, leg armor, enchants, etc.) the base stats on it will not overcome the prepared piece, even with a difference as great as a tier and a half (i would continue to use a 353 helm over a 371 (t12?) until it had a meta, helm enchant, gem and possible reforging) so it wouldn't be a true upgrade until the new piece had been prepared, unless the expectation is that one would port to stormwind to prepare it in the middle of a raid. Even for a piece that doesn't make big gains after acquisition cant always be incorporated immediately. I know that ~75% of the time, dps items have hit or exp either coming on or going off, and i need to spend about 15 minutes with the reforger to get everything realigned properly. If on the other hand, this is meant to curb a problem with selling BoEs, that's fine, though I'd be quite insulted as I wasn't aware we had this issue.

The council will be comprised of three rotating raid members, one tank, one dps, and one healer.; the raid/guild leader will determine the composition of the loot council. - These points contradict, either we make a list, and we rotate, and we stick to that, or we leave it to one person, leaving both points in this document leave open too much room for disagreement as to which guideline to follow.

If a player has been especially instrumental in recent guild raids, dungeons, mat contributions, etc. - First off this is kinda vague, and is going to be be difficult to implement as we are now comparing apples to oranges (how does a 70% 'uptime' compare to having contributed 200 volatile life 2 weeks ago?). Second, we're all instrumental in raids, and I think to say someone is 'especially instrumental' is a judgement that I would simply rather not have involved in looting. Lastly on this point, why are dungeons factoring into this at all?

The last point I'd like to make on the new loot rules is on the loot council in general. I don't understand why, once all of the tangibles are accounts for (uptime, recent loot history, benefit to player, etc.) and they turn out even we're not just rolling. I just feel that with the 10 man runs we do, ~18-20 between tacos and bourbon, we have 5 couples and several other interpersonal relationships outside of game, and that if 2 people come up as even, we just go to roll, as we have since i can remember. Id rather have a raider annoyed at his 2 roll than at a fellow raider.

Something independent of loot: How are we running 2 raid teams, as far as i understand, there is no parrellel content in the next patch, will we be running separate firelands raids?

Finally, to simplify loot and make official what is already in practice, I would like to declare myself a tank as it relates to loot. I'm not really sure how that plays into the priority levels, as that would make me the only main toon/main spec tank, as far as I know, unless baadashe is your main.
Umbrage
Umbrage

Back to top Go down

Post  ithoughtisaw Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:40 pm

Something independent of loot: How are we running 2 raid teams, as far as i understand, there is no parrellel content in the next patch, will we be running separate firelands raids?

At this point Tacos is not able to run Fire Lands due to lack of experienced/geared/non-bourbon healers and dps. Have at it, we'll get there when we can.
ithoughtisaw
ithoughtisaw

Back to top Go down

Post  Elflynn Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:24 am

I'll try to field tony and jenny's questions/responses here, but as with any new policy, there is bound to be some clarification and possible adjustment needed as we start to implement the new loot rules. also, sean may have additional/slightly different responses. furthermore, some of these rules are there because we've had problems in the past, and others are there because we spent a lot of time thinking about future problems that can come up, and want to be preemptive about such problems to make your raid experience more fun.

1. equipping before the end of the run - we've never had a problem of people selling boe's, to my knowledge. you'll notice the careful wording - we expect the loot to be equipped. it does not say that players are required to equip, in every single instance. it also does not say that the player must keep it equipped. we would like, by the end of the run, all loot decisions to be over - as we note in the rules, we discourage loot trading. this policy to helps to limit that. we would like for that item to be bound to you before the end of the run. and, in many instances, items can be equipped with very little preparation, now that we can throw up a guild bank in raid.

2. loot council, who gets on it when - this is a semantics issue. it will be a rotating council, with the raid leader determining the rotation. we left the second reference vague because the raid leader, even if s/he determines the rotation right from the get go, is going to run into a time when a player who is supposed to be on the loot council is not there and the next person on the list needs to be chosen. this job is left to the raid leader. i see absolutely no problem with this, the raid leaders will not be nefariously changing the rotation to benefit certain players. though this does bring up a point about the raid leader and the loot master. the wording is loose here because most of the time the loot master is the raid leader, but this doesn't have to be so, and we may want to consider changing it.

3. loot council guidelines - this is something that we've decided based on the back end of loot that most of you do not see, and none of you see all the time: complaints about who got what loot. we are glad that we are the only ones who have to address this on a regular basis, but it also means that we've got some additional insight into this that others don't. the loot priority levels are meant to be concrete and the loot council guidelines as just that, guidelines. we are responding to those who are unhappy with items going to open roll, those who feel that we should incorporate best-in-slot considerations, and a host of other reasons that we've heard since we started raiding. the loot council will be able to talk through a piece of loot and its potential equipers, and bring it to a vote based on what they think is most reasonable. this involves all players in the process more, which we think is a good thing, and we hope that it will lessen some of the hard feelings that people have around loot - three of ten people will have had a say in the decision. moreover, the loot council, as noted below, can decide to have the players roll if there are no clear reasons why one player should receive the loot. given our observations about loot up until now, we're willing to give this a shot and see how it works.

4. fireland raids - this is something that the leaders of tacos and bourbon need to talk about, so stay tuned. i personally think that with our new recruits we are very close to having two independent raid teams, which has been our goal for quite some time now, and thus am very confident about the position of our guild as we move into the new patch. Very Happy
Elflynn
Elflynn
Admin

https://eleventh-hour.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Loot Rules Empty Loot

Post  Matryn Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:03 pm

Sounds fine to me.

Still a fan of a dkp based system but will roll with whatever.

Matryn

Back to top Go down

Post  Umbrage Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:54 pm

<3 dkp. im curious as to what people's grievances were regarding who got what, but if everyone else is fine with it ill wait and see how it plays out.
Umbrage
Umbrage

Back to top Go down

Loot Rules Empty Clarifications

Post  Lyllianna Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:51 am

First, I want to tell the officers thank you for beginning to formalize our loot system. I know how difficult loot issues can be. We just need to remember that it is just a game and we're supposed to be having fun. Purple pixels fade away, and today's "must have" epic will soon be tomorrow's vendor trash/enchanting mats.

I have always been a big proponent of getting loot to the raider that will most benefit the RAIDING TEAM (or in our guild's case at the present time, multiple raiding teams), not just fill in another purple slot for a player. Raiding is a team effort, meaning that no one downs bosses by themselves. Raiders should know what stats are most beneficial to their classes and roles. Just because something is purple DOES NOT make it a great upgrade. Many times the blues that we have aren't bad. Just because a purple drops that might add 5 stat points to a useful stat for your class, but has 135 stat points in a stat that doesn't benefit your class, doesn't mean you should replace your current item if there is another raiding member that can use both stats. Reforging does help somewhat, but you are still wasting stat points since you can't currently convert all of the less useful stats.

I do want some clarification on the BoE section:

BOE items will be treated as normal epic loot until it is determined that no main spec toon needs to equip it. Next, alts meeting the level requirement for the item will qualify. If no player wants the item, the Guild Banker will sell it on the AH for guild profit.

I'm assuming that this refers to alts that are currently in the raid group, not the myriad of alts in the guild. In my opinion, the loot should benefit those who helped in downing the boss / mob that dropped the loot in question, not Raider C's level 30 shaman they hope to have to level 85 next month. The loot should go to someone currently in the raid or be sold to the benefit of the guild.

One exception to this might be that, if Raider A has an alt/main that is sitting that fight out by request of the raid leader (example: bringing Raider A's tank in instead of their healing priest because we need an extra tank for that fight) and a healing BoE drops that no one else in the raid needs, I think we SHOULD consider letting Raider A have the BoE for their other RAIDING toon. We are small enough that we all know what alts raid and which ones don't. If an item is going to benefit one or both of our raid groups, then I'd much rather see it used for raiding then sold or go to a non-raiding alt. That said, if that happens, I better damn well see that epic equipped on the alternate raiding toon the next time we raid! Laughing

I also see no problem in having an officer HOLD the BoE item for future use. For example, a great healing offhand drops during a raid. It is statisically better for healers (has a lot of spirit). We currently have two raiding healers with a two handed weapon, but statistically, an offhand and a main hand would provide better healing statistics for them (therefore provide more opportunity for future raid success). We know that one of them will soon get a better main hand, probably within the next two raiding weeks. I see no reason why an officer could not hold that item until one of them gets the main hand. I realize we are trying to prevent loot trading, but in this case, I don't feel that this is loot trading, its simply reallocating a resource for future raid success.

One side note. There are some great level 359 items available by raising reputation. I'm a little suprised by the fact that some of our raiders have not raised the reputation needed to get these non-raiding epics. Its my opinion that players that are expecting a raid spot should be willing to put in some work to get the gear available outside of raiding to help with overall raid success, not expect to be geared by simply raiding. Just sayin' Smile

Lyllianna

Back to top Go down

Loot Rules Empty Updates to Loot Policy

Post  Oflondon Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:07 pm

Updates in Red Italics

Oflondon wrote:Eleventh Hour Raid Loot Distribution Policy

The thought behind raid loot distribution at Eleventh Hour is quite simple: We want the loot to go to whichever person in whose hands it will contribute to THE SUCCESS OF THE RAID TEAM the most in the long run.

As with any progression guild, there comes a time to both review and formally codify loot rules. Below you will find the new and improved loot rules based primarily upon our former system, and enhanced to address potential loot concerns. We engage in many of these procedures informally already. Once we are past the implementation period, these loot rules will apply to both raid teams. There is no loot preference per team (i.e. if a taco raider plays with team bourbon they are considered a member of team bourbon at that time and are on equal footing with the rest of team bourbon.)

Toon policy for raiding:

Each player will have one main toon for each raid team. This character may or may not be the same across raid teams. Players are expected to raid with their main toon at all times, with the following two exceptions:
• The raid/guild leader requests an alt be brought for the night or for a particular fight because of raid composition needs. Alts will be requested when 1. a particular class role is needed (and cannot be filled for that night/fight with current main toons), and 2. bringing the alt will significantly increase the chances that the raid team can down that particular boss. It may be established that some toons be permanently “requested” until other options are available.
• The raid/guild leader determines that some or all bosses are on farm (given the raid team composition) and provides the opportunity for players to request to bring an alt. It is at the sole discretion of the raid leader whether these requests are honored.

Multiple loot in a single night:

To more evenly distribute the loot, we are limiting raiders from receiving more than one piece of main spec loot per raid night. An exception to this rule would be where the loot can only be used by a single raider.

Loot Priorities Levels are as below:

Level One: Main Toon, main spec
Level Two: Main toon, off spec (requested) / Alt Toon, main spec (requested)
Level Three: Main toon, off spec (not requested) / Alt Toon, main spec (not requested)
Level Four: Alt Toon, off spec
Level Five: Disenchant

You must be currently using the spec for which the loot was intended (e.g. if you are tanking you cannot be part of the original roll on DPS gear). The only time that this rule may be bypassed is when a raider is specifically asked by the raid leader(s) to switch specs to benefit the raid (e.g. switches from DPS to tank) and establishes beforehand that they would like to roll as their normal spec (DPS in this example).

When a loot roll comes up, the loot master will link the loot in raid chat and ask all players interested in the item to link their currently equipped item (not a lower level item in your bag) in raid chat. Following the loot priority levels, the player for which the loot is the biggest upgrade gets the item. If at a particular level there are multiple players for which the item is the biggest upgrade, then a loot council consisting of one healer, one dps, and one tank will vote on who receives the loot. In Team Tacos, all group members, rather than a loot council, will determine who should receive the loot. See below for details on the loot council. The loot master will call out a "last call" for linked items. If you missed linking your loot before the last call and/or did not indicate to the loot master that you were interested in the loot, you lose the chance at receiving the item...end of story. Once loot has been distributed by the loot master, the loot is gone...there are no appeals and there should be no drama. Also, it is the expectation of the raid leaders that the loot in question will be equipped before the end of the run.

One of the new concepts in this loot system is that of uptime. It is the opinion of the leadership that the prospective uptime of a piece of gear (i.e. how much that piece of loot is actually used against raid bosses) is an important consideration as to how it is to be awarded. An example of this uptime would be where a raider switches between tank and dps roles depending on the fight. If this raider uses each role evenly (i.e. half the time dps and half the time tank) then this raiders “uptime” on any piece of raid gear would be 50%. If a piece of melee dps gear drops that both this raider and a 100% melee dps raider can use, the full time melee dps raider should get the gear as he/she will use it more often. While the level system above is not perfect, it should, more often than not, give the item to the player who will give the gear the most uptime.

BOE items will be treated as normal epic loot until it is determined that no main spec toon needs to equip it. Next, alts meeting the level requirement for the item will qualify. If no player in the raid wants the item, it can either be:
1. Held for a player in the raid for when that piece of gear will be appropriate (for example an offhand item when a healer currently has a staff equipped and will need a dagger to use the offhand), or
2. Will be given to an officer to hold and the piece advertised on the guild MOTD that any raiding toon that can use it must contact the officer. The officer will ensure that it is going to a raiding toon and that the loot is equipped right away. After 2 days...
3. The Guild Banker will sell it on the AH for guild profit and put the gold in the guild bank.

Procedure:
1. Master Looter links loot in Raid Chat and calls for linked items
2. All interested parties link their currently equipped item (not a lower level item in your bag) in raid chat. Anyone who links an item that is not the item being replaced in order to affect the loot distribution outcome may be subject to immediate expulsion from all raid teams.
3. If more than one party is interested, Master Looter looks first to level preference, and then to current gear ilevel to determine who receives the loot
4. If multiple parties are eligible for the same piece of loot, the decision moves to the loot council.
5. Loot is distributed to the winner. There are no appeals, no do-overs, etc... At this point the loot officially belongs to the winner. Any deals that happen between the winner and anyone else that rolled on the loot are officially not the concern of the leadership, but are discouraged.

Exception:

All tier token decisions will go directly to the loot council for Team Bourbon and directly to a full team discussion for Team Tacos. They will decide who the token goes to using the above rules as a guideline, and also considering the following factors:
• who will receive a 4 piece bonus because of the token
• for whom the 4 piece bonus is most beneficial

Loot Council:

The use of a loot council has become increasingly common in cata guild raid groups. We hope the loot council will serve to make loot decisions more transparent and collective. The council will be comprised of three rotating raid members, one tank, one dps, and one healer. At the beginning of each raid, the council will be formed based on a rotation determined by the raid/guild leader. All loot council discussions will be conducted in the raid channel in mumble in order to ensure greater transparency. The council should use the following guidelines to determine who should be awarded a piece of loot:
• If the item is something that multiple classes/roles can use, if it is better suited for one class over another. This may or may not include discussions of best-in-slot.
• If a player has been over or under-awarded loot recently.
• If a player has been especially instrumental in recent guild raids, dungeons, mat contributions, etc.
Only the loot council should be talking in mumble – players who are eligible for the loot can present their case or respond to questions if requested by the council, but should not be leading the discussion. The loot council can decide to award the loot to a particular person, or choose to have two or more eligible players roll for the loot. If a member of the loot council is eligible for a piece of loot, a replacement from that person's class role will be selected to serve in the council for that decision.

Forming the Raid:

Two new things will happen once the raid is formed for the evening. First, the raid/guild leader will determine which, if any bosses are on farm given that group's composition. If bosses are considered to be on farm, players will be able to request to bring an alt for particular fights or for the night. It is at the sole discretion of the guild/raid leader whether these requests are honored. Second, the raid/guild leader will determine the composition of the loot council.

Examples:

Big Bad Boss X is now dead (and there was much rejoicing). Upon checking the corpse (ewww...its...sticky) it was determined that the Facemelter Ascot of Awesomesauce (a caster neck with item level 359 and stats beneficial to both DPS and Healers) and a Burning Ring of Epicosity (an agility ring with item level 359 and stats beneficial to hunters and shaman) were among the dead thing's possessions.

Facemelter Ascot of Awesomesauce

The Master looter links the caster neck in raid chat and calls for any interested raiders to link their loot and the raiders below can use the loot:
• DPS Caster (main toon): currently equipped item is ilevel 346
• Alt main spec Healer, not specifically requested: currently equipped item is ilevel 333
• Tank with a healing off spec (main toon): currently equipped item is ilevel 333

Of the above raiders, only the DPS caster is Level 1 eligible…
...In this instance, the DPS caster would get the gear. While it is understood that the item is the largest upgrade for the healer, it is an alt toon that is not engaged on every boss so the upgrade benefits the raid the most on the caster due to uptime.

If the DPS caster decides to pass after linking, the Master Looter would then call for any Level 2 eligible raiders. In this instance, the loot would be awarded to the Healer. If on the odd chance that both the DPS and Healer pass, the loot would go to the Tank. Else it would be disenchanted.

Burning Ring of Epicosity

The Master looter links the DPS agility ring in raid chat and calls for any interested raiders to link their loot and the raiders below can use the loot:
• DPS Shaman #1 (main toon, main spec): currently equipped item is ilevel 346
• DPS Hunter #1 (alt toon, not requested): ilevel 333
• Healer Shaman #2 (main toon) with a DPS main spec and specifically requested to come to raid as healer, but arranged before fight to roll on DPS gear: currently equipped item is ilevel 333
• DPS Hunter #2 (alt toon, main spec requested): ilevel 333

Of the above raiders, DPS Shaman #1, Healer Shaman #2 are Level 1 eligible…
...In this instance, the healer shaman would get the gear as he/she is on a single main toon and although he/she killed the boss as a healer, they did so at the request of the raid leaders and so they are allowed to roll as main spec DPS on the gear even though using the off spec. If the Shaman had not arranged to roll on their DPS main spec before the fight, the DPS Shaman would receive the loot.

Although Hunter #2 was also specifically asked to bring that toon, they are not allowed to roll in this round as this toon is an alt. The point here is that the benefit and uptime is likely to be higher with Shaman #2 . Shaman #2 is allowed to roll main spec because we want to introuce some leeway for those players who switch specs mid raid. You may notice, then, that a player who plays two different roles within the same character has preference over a player who chooses to level two characters in order to be versatile. There are several reasons why we have chosen to do this, of which we will mention two. First, this increases the efficiency of our raids. There is less downtime needed to switch specs mid-raid than to switch toons. Second, the leadership feels that it is more fair to bring in another player to the raid who has a main spec toon of the needed role rather than continue to allow the same players to gear up multiple characters. We understand this is a contentious issue, but feel that this decision is best for the guild as a whole.

Final Note:
During the implementation stage, the leadership may make adjustments where necessary.

Oflondon
Oflondon

http://www.gryphondaleconsulting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down